Family Law Testimonials
“The search for a lawyer to help me get through my divorce was difficult enough. Most of the lawyers I interviewed had a cutthroat approach that made the process even harder. In desperation I reached out to a friend who seems to know everyone. Through one of her contacts I was referred to Carman and Bevington. After my consultation with Vanessa Bevington I stopped searching. Vanessa was kind and professional. She did not try to sway me in any particular direction but made sure that I understood the legal choices I had to make. She was prompt in every way. I highly recommend bringing your legal needs to this firm.”
“I had excellent representation when going through my divorce. Allen Carmen did a wonderful job for me. He was always available when I had questions and was always professional. The staff was great. I probably should not have loved going to their office as much as I did, but they gave me the feeling that they cared about me and my outcome. I would recommend Allen to any of my friends. In fact, I recommended him today to a co-worker.”
"Perfect mix of personal and professional. I wanted a firm close to home that catered to the Brandon area and I found it!. Melissa kept me informed and any time I wanted to talk to Allen he was available. Just great from start to finish. I would recommend Carman and Bevington to anyone!!!!"
Brandon SUV Accident Lawyers
Car accidents are dangerous, but when they involve SUVs, the risk that an accident will end in serious injuries often increases. Many people purchase SUVs because they believe they offer greater protections for the occupants, but this isn’t necessarily true – and these heavy, less-stable vehicles can make our highways more dangerous for the occupants of other cars on the road. If you or someone you love has been injured by a negligent driver behind the wheel of an SUV, it’s time to consult with a dedicated Brandon, Florida, personal injury attorney.
The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) provides several statistics that succinctly highlight the dangers inherent to accidents involving SUVs, and these include:
- In the period from 1975 to 2018, the number of vehicle occupants who were killed in traffic accidents decreased by 25 percent (with 22,894 such fatalities in 2018). In this same expanse of time, the number of car-occupant fatalities went down by 49 percent while the number of SUV-occupant fatalities increased by a factor of 10. This is partially due to their immense increase in popularity, but it doesn’t bode well for the overall safety of these vehicles.
- Of the 17,171 vehicle-driver traffic fatalities in 2018, 57 percent were driving cars, and 21 percent were driving SUVs.
- Statistically, SUVs are more prone to rolling over in traffic accidents than are other passenger vehicles (and the danger inherent to rollovers – for everyone on the road – is immense).
SUVs are not only less stable (increased rollovers) than the cars we drive, but they are also more likely to seriously injure the occupants of other vehicles in traffic accidents.
Your Damages and The Insurance Company
The damages associated with a serious SUV accident are often extensive, including medical costs, lost wages, and both emotional and physical pain and suffering. In order to achieve your fullest physical, financial, and emotional recovery, you need to obtain the compensation to which you are entitled. This is where the insurance company involved comes in.
While it is their job to compensate you fairly for the injuries you’ve sustained, this does not mean they’re going to make it easy for you. Insurance companies are accustomed to turning massive profits, and toward this end, some engage in questionable tactics such as the following:
- Denying claims from the start
- Stalling the claims process unnecessarily
- Offering quickie settlement offers that don’t address the full scope of damages sustained
- Making the claims process inordinately complicated
- Attempting to discredit the claimant’s version of events and attendant damages
While you travel the path toward regaining your health, allow your personal injury attorney to take on the insurance company on your behalf.
Favorable Claim Resolutions Begin with Experienced Brandon SUV Accident Attorneys
If you’ve been injured by a negligent SUV driver, the Brandon SUV accident lawyers at Carman & Bevington have the drive, skill, and resources to effectively and efficiently fight for compensation that will allow you to reach your most complete recovery. We’re on your side, so please don’t hesitate to contact us online or call us at 813-305-0213 for more information today.
Meet Vanessa A. Bevington
Family Law Attorney | Personal Injury Attorney
Phone: (813) 654-3444
Vanessa Bevington began practicing in the area of personal injury and family law in 2006. She is respected throughout the legal community as a skilled litigator and negotiator on her client’s behalf.