What are the Most Common Types of Accidents in Florida?
Accidents are a leading cause of personal injuries in Tampa. They can happen in a variety of ways and often occur due to the reckless and negligent actions of others. Find out the most common types of accidents in Florida and how to get the compensation you need to recover.
Common Types of Accidents That Result in Personal Injuries in Florida
The Florida Department of Health reports that accidents are a leading cause of death and disability among residents of the Sunshine State. They impact thousands of victims each year in Hillsborough County and often happen due to negligence on the part of others involved. Among the most common types of accidents that result in personal injuries include:
- Car accidents: These often happen due to recklessness on the part of others, such as speeding, running red lights, and driving under the influence.
- Motorcycle accidents: Motorcyclists are among the most vulnerable road users and aggressive behavior on the part of motorists, such as improper passing, tailgating, and failure to yield, can put them at risk.
- Truck accidents: Trucks pose major risks to drivers on interstates and local roads throughout Florida. Drowsy driving, overscheduling, distracted driving, uneven loads, and mechanical problems are often to blame.
- Bicycle and pedestrian accidents: These often happen due to distracted driving, failure to yield at crosswalks, and driving too fast for conditions.
- Boating and other recreational accidents: Hobbies and activities you enjoy in your spare time can lead to serious injuries due to failure on the part of others to refrain from reckless behavior or follow standard safety protocols.
These are just some of the most common types of accidents in Florida. Other common causes of personal injuries include bus accidents, Uber and Lyft accidents, slips and falls, or other accidents that occur on someone’s property.
Getting the Compensation You Need to Recover
When accidents in Florida leave you suffering personal injuries, you have the right to hold those at fault accountable. Under the Florida Statutes, compensation includes coverage of all current and future medical expenses and lost wages, as well as additional amounts for your pain and suffering.
To protect your rights in filing a claim and to help ensure you get the total amount you need to recover, our Tampa personal injury attorneys recommend following these steps:
- Report any accident immediately to the authorities and make sure an accident report is filed;
- Get the contact information for everyone involved, including any witnesses;
- Take photos or videos at the scene, if possible;
- Seek medical care right away for your injuries, regardless of your symptoms.
Contact Our Tampa Personal Injury Attorneys
To protect your rights when accidents happen, reach out to Carman, Bevington & Finegan, P.A. before speaking with insurers or accepting any settlements. As one of Tampa’s highest-rated personal injury law firms, we provide the professional legal representation you need to get the maximum compensation. Call or contact our Tampa personal injury attorneys online and request a consultation today.