240 N. Washington Blvd., Suite 530, Sarasota, Fl. 34236 941-491-3444
223 Lithia Pinecrest Rd, Brandon, FL 33511 813-654-3444
Carman, Bevington & Finegan Blog

When One Parent Wants to Make Changes to Child Time-Sharing Arrangements in Brandon

Child time-sharing arrangements are one of the most potentially sensitive and contentious types of legal matters dealt with by the Florida family courts. Negotiating with the other parent often proves problematic and your primary concerns are protecting your own rights and the well-being of your child. Once a child time-sharing order is issued, both parties are required to follow it. Our Brandon child time-sharing lawyers explain how and when changes may be made through the court.

Getting a Brandon Child Time-Sharing Order Put in Place

In cases of divorce or in situations involving unmarried parents, determining each party’s rights and responsibilities in regard to their children can create major problems. Rather than attempting to negotiate arrangements on your own, it is important to get a formal child time-sharing order put in place.

This involves making detailed arrangements concerning your child’s care and forms the basis for a final court order. Under the Florida Statutes, factors such as each parent’s current and prior relationship with the child, their proven ability to provide for the child’s needs, and their willingness to cooperate with the other parent are all factors a judge will consider in determining the following:

Changing a Brandon Child Support Order

Both parents are legally required to adhere to a child time-sharing order. Refusing to comply or making changes without clearing it through the court first can result in contempt charges and loss of parental rights.

If the other party is refusing to comply with the terms of your order, let our legal team know immediately. If there are any changes you want to make in your child’s time-sharing plans, run them by our office first. We can request formal modifications through the Hillsborough County Family Court in the following types of cases:

Is the other parent threatening to make child time-sharing changes that negatively impact you or your child? Keep in mind that in order to do this, they will need approval from the court first.

Request a Consultation With Our Brandon Child Time-Sharing Lawyers 

When it comes to protecting your rights as a parent and your child’s well-being, Carmen and Bevington: Brandon Legal provides the trusted, experienced legal representation you need. To discuss more about your rights and requirements in changing a Hillsborough County child time-sharing order, call or contact our office online and request a consultation with our Brandon child time-sharing lawyers today.