How Much Money Do You Get for a Back Injury From a Truck Accident?
With the number of major highways and interchanges surrounding Tampa, semi-trucks, tractor-trailers, and other big rigs are a regular sight on local roads. Unfortunately, this increases the risks of truck accidents in Tampa, which can cause a devastating amount of harm to other motorists involved.
Back injuries are common in these crashes and can leave victims suffering chronic pain and limited mobility for years into the future. Our Tampa truck accident attorneys explain how to get compensation and the amount of money you may be entitled to receive.
Compensation for Truck Accidents in Tampa
According to the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV), more than 3,000 truck accidents in Hillsborough County happen each year. A single truck accident in Tampa can end up impacting multiple motorists. The massive size and weight of most commercial vehicles help to protect the truck driver. Unfortunately, it is typically others involved who suffer the most serious personal injuries.
In the aftermath, you may be entitled to compensation through the trucking company. However, they generally have teams of attorneys to protect them against claims. To protect yourself, get our Tampa truck accident attorneys on your side. Actions we can take to get you compensation include:
- Conducting our own investigations to determine how the truck driver and the trucking company were to blame;
- Gathering witness statements, surveillance footage, and other evidence needed in your case;
- Negotiating with the trucking company and their insurers to obtain the maximum settlement;
- Taking your case to court, if needed, and filing a truck accident lawsuit against all involved.
How Much is My Florida Back Injury Claim Worth?
The above explains how to hold those at fault accountable for truck accident injuries in Tampa, but how do you determine what your claim is worth? According to the National Safety Council, the average cost of back injuries varies from $20,000 up to $100,000 or more. However, this is just an average and generally represents only current expenses. It does not include the following:
- Future medical costs you are likely to incur, such as ongoing medical care, testing, treatment, medications, and physical therapy;
- Future lost income and earnings, in the event your truck accident back injuries result in long-term disabilities;
- Pain and suffering, which includes lost enjoyment in life due to back injuries that prevent you from engaging in your prior hobbies and activities.
Request a Consultation With Our Tampa Truck Accident Attorneys
The exact amount of money you may be entitled to for truck accident back injuries in Tampa will depend on the circumstances and the severity of your injuries. To get the maximum amount you need for both current and future costs, reach out to Carman, Bevington & Finegan, P.A. We provide the strong, experienced legal representation you need in filing a claim. To protect your rights, call or contact our Tampa truck accident attorneys online and request a consultation today.